Friday, February 6, 2009

Long Time No Talk







Well, I haven't posted in quite awhile. I'm so busy I have to make time to eat. But you moms know how it is. How do you do it? :) Cate's been to the pediatrician a few times since my last posting. He told me all the crying all night is colic (I knew it). I would say for about 3 weeks she was fussy/crying most of the time. I was going on only a couple hours of sleep most days. Thank God for the grandmas coming over in the evenings to help. When I took her to the dr on Wednesday, he said to switch up a few things with her feeding and give her milk of magnesia for upset tummy. It seems we were not feeding her often enough. We'll get this figured out sometime before she turns 16. I don't know if it's the medicine or the new feeding schedule, but something is working. She has been close to an angel for the past 2 days. I have gotten more like 5-6 hours of sleep in a 24 hour time period. I can now conquer the world. The pictures above are post bath this evening. She is at 4 lb 8 oz. I'm taking her back to the dr next week because she is gaining a little too slowly. Hopefully this new feeding schedule will have her gaining more weight. We had our last eye dr visit on Monday 1/26. It went very well. The dr said her chances for blindness have gone way down. Her eyes are still immature, but it seems that things are improving. Now we only have to take her to the eye dr once a month. When we were at the pediatrician the other day he noticed a groin hernia on Cate that I hadn't noticed (very small). He said it could potentially be a serious thing if left untreated. We have an appt with the surgeon to discuss where we go from here on 2/16. Hopefully we've made a turn for the better and I'll be blogging about Cate more often. More later...



4 comments:

Lizzi said...

Cate is just too cute! Glad to hear that things are on the up and up and that you're getting more sleep. Hope your appt. with the surgeon goes good.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see things are looking up at home! They will only continue to get easier, I promise. Before you know it she will be sleeping all night, and all your exhaustion will be behind you. Then you can really start to enjoy the beautiful girl you have been blessed with! Oh, and dont overly worry about the hernia repair... you would be surprised how many babies we see here that need them done at some point. They are usually very straight-forward. Keep in touch!
Dawn RN

The Portas said...

She is so beautiful! I want to kiss that little face...and the outfit is too cute!

I'm glad everyone is starting to get a little more sleep. I hope it continues to get better for all of you. Good luck with the appointment next week...still keeping you all in our prayers.. xoxo

Kristina Nash said...

Yay for more sleep!! Cate is absolutely adorable. I do miss taking care of her, but am so glad things are going well. I love seeing the pics and reading your updates...keep 'em comin'. Tell Duke hi for me too!

Kristina Nash, RN