Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bath Time


Cate is doing fairly well. She is still on CPAP. This is her longest stint ever--we're going on 4 days. Her CO2 was a little high yesterday so they went up on her settings a little today. She seems to be a little tired, but she's hanging tough. I was able to give her a bath today (with a lot of help from the nurses). I picked her up from her bed a few times during the bathing. It's the only time we are actually able to pick her up. I love it! She got a little worked up after the bath and they had to give her some medicine to calm her down. Sometimes she gets so worked up and she isn't able to calm herself down. She is at 2 lbs 8 oz. She's on day 7 of 10 on the antibiotics. Hopefully on Saturday she'll be able to get back on the milk. Thanks again for your prayers! We appreciate 'em.

3 comments:

The Portas said...

I'm so happy that you got to pick your little girl up! What a treat. We are still praying hard for all of you. Hang in there. The hospital is draining...I hope you are finding things to keep your spirits up, and also getting rest. xoxo

Melissa K. said...

That is absolutely wonderful that you got to pick Cate up and give her a bath; how exciting. You guys are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I've told Rob, my boyfriend, about everything going on with you guys and he's got you in his prayers as well. My offer still stands for anything you guys may need; even if it's just cooking you dinner or cleaning up your house for you. Anything to lower the stress factor. Take care!!!

TimnKatienElinSam said...

So happy to hear how great Cate is doing! Those first holding and bath times are so amazing when you have a baby in the NICU!! You will appreciate so many firsts with your little lady that others take for granted. I have learned so much from my miracle babies and I am so excited for when you get to take your little girl home. You continue to be in our prayers! Way to go with the breathing Cate!!